The hackathon has three categories: Climate change, Start-up and Spore Magazine categories.
For the Spore Magazine and Climate Change categories, teams of hackers are challenges to develop prototypes using available open data. The data are produced by CCAFS or other organisations.
- Climate change
Available data resources are on the following websites:
- CCFAS Climate data
- Ag Trials – The Global Agricultural Trial Repository and Database
- AMKN – Adaptation and Mitigation Knowledge Network
- CCAFS Household Baseline survey 2010-2012
- Terra-i An eye on habitat change
- MapSpaM Spatial Production Allocation Model
- Global Biodiversity Information Facility
- Genesys Portal – Gateway to genetic resources
- Spore Magazine
Check the Spore Magazine website http://spore.cta.int